Dave Wascha, a Product Manager with over 20 years of experience, shares the biggest learnings of his long career condensed into a lovely 25 minute talk at Mind The Product. It covers customers, competition, vision and much more from key concepts to fundamentals that perhaps escape many even after having gained a lot of experience.
- Listen to customers.
- But, don’t listen to customers always.
- Keep an eye on the competition.
- But, don’t obsess over the competition.
- Be a thief. Take inspiration but don’t steal.
- Get paid.
- Stop worrying about getting paid. Some things may not result in improved returns but are worth doing for your customers.
- Speed up execution.
- Learn to say no.
- Don’t be a visionary.
- Don’t confuse yourself with your customer.
- Be dumb. Don’t lose that (customer-centric) child in you.
Want to kickstart your product management career? Go for our Product Management Course and become a 10X better product leader!