Events scheduled for this week:
Top Articles for week ending January 23rd, 2011.
The tender for the project has been cancelled, as HCL Infosytems (which got the contract) failed to deposit INR 60 Crore (for bank guarantee). This impacts the launch date, which was supposedly in the month of January, 2011.
Apparently somebody has claimed the yahoo.com listing on Alexa and added a little sales stuff about themselves.
Pan India MNP (Mobile Number Portability) will be rolled out today – and while operators have been marketing their offering aggressively, MNP will surely put a pressure on telecom operators to improve their QoS (Quality of Service).
Something strange is happening in Indian e-commerce space – suddenly there is a flow of fund (few announced, quite a few not announced). Funded startups are moving away from niche play to the same-old generic play (i.e. you can buy anything).
Many of you think, why I stick with certain things and be so adamant about. When I started my business exactly a year ago no one knew, whether I would win or lose. Neither did I. Others felt that I’m overconfident, inexperienced to build a business; but as a matter of fact, all I have is hope which others never understood or never tried to understand.
- Hyderbad Based Ybrant Digital Secures $48 Million Funding
- Entrepreneurship and the Baggage of Experience
- How We Raised Angel Funding in India
- Free is Viral – TringMe Launches Blackberry App [600K Downloads in 3 Days]
- Being An Entrepreneur – The Good and Bad Of It (Founder’s Experience)
- Ecommerce Startup, LetsBuy Raises $6 million Funding
- Is My Product Infringing On Others Patents?
- Intuit Launches txtWeb – SMS Platform for Mobile App Developers
- W3C Unveils HTML5 Logo
- Spelling Success Over The Internet [How To Sell Music Online – Updated]
- Bollywood Digital Media -II – Salman Starts Selling Watches Online
- Why Social Curation is Important for the Online Video Industry
- See Nokia, Android is an Aspirational Brand in India [Bihar Government to Use ‘Android’ Phones]
- Spotted: Intuit’s Money Manager Goes Live for ICICI Accounts
- Is Traffic On TechCrunch Moving Away? [Readership Wobble]
- Spotted: Google Science Fair Advertising on YahooMail But Only Gmail Users Allowed
»Take this survey on Ecommerce in India.