Inc magazine conducted an interesting survey of 5000 fastest-growing private companies across US and here are a few damn interesting insights:
- The top motivator for starting up WAS NOT frustration over job/working for somebody else/unemployment etc – BUT the challenge of building a business.
- 88% of the respondents in 2006 said they are now millionaires (compared to 52% in 2003). 17% have a net worth exceeding $10 million.
- 97% are planning on growing their business by hiring staff in the next 12 months.
- 82% are self-financed (VCs suck!)
- 24% of entrepreneurs outsource their work – and India ranks top amongst the outsourcing destination.
- India is at the lowest end of being considered a lucrative market (outside of US).
- 7% plan on taking their company public in the future
- 47% plan to start another company in the future.
If you are an entrepreneur, I would love to know your reasons of starting up! Money? Thrill?
Most importantly, if you are not an entrepreneur, do you feel like – “Shit! WTF am I doing in my job?”