Ad Blocking Software, Adblock Plus Is Now Selling Ads

Adblock Plus, which is one of the world’s biggest ad blocking software, allowing users to block advertisements from appearing on the sites has launched a new service, to sell “acceptable ads”.

The company says that its new ad marketplace will allow publishers and bloggers to choose to sell and show only those ads that meet Adblock Plus’s criteria on their websites. This, according to the company is the so-called “acceptable” ads. Publishers will get to keep 80% of the advertising revenue from ads sold through the marketplace, and the rest 20% will be divided between Adblock Plus and the various other parties involved with serving the ads.

Does this mean, you’ll no longer be able to block ads using Adblock Plus? You still can.

Sign Up for nextbigwhat newsletter

The smartest newsletter, partly written by AI.

Download, the short news app for busy professionals