Adobe Systems India today announced the launch in India and globally of the Adobe® Acrobat® X software family. Comprising Acrobat X, Reader® X, the Acrobat X Suite and new document exchange services at Acrobat.com, the suite empowers professionals to innovate and create higher-quality content, driving tighter collaboration and productivity across teams in today’s dynamic business environments.
“Companies today need to work with their customers and partners in multiple time zones, languages and cross-functional teams,” said Melissa Webster, analyst, IDC. “Seamless, fluid content creation and collaboration is critical to how organizations use, repurpose and share information – it is no longer a ‘nice to have’ – it is an imperative to success in today’s business world.”
Speaking at the launch of Acrobat X in Delhi, Sandeep Mehrotra, Country Head – Sales, Adobe Systems India said that Acrobat X is a strategic fit for India’s complex and dynamic business environment. “As the Indian economy becomes increasingly interconnected, there is a greater need for solutions that allow seamless collaboration in an open environment. Acrobat X brings unique Dynamic PDF capabilities that allow businesses and governments to do more with PDF documents – create, share, review, make it interactive – while leveraging must-have security and authentication features,” he said.
Adobe`s all-new Acrobat X family is the next generation of software solution that provides Knowledge Workers with more efficient and secure collaboration capabilities. This will also enable them to deliver compelling content and context in a ubiquitous format. With the power of Dynamic PDF, Acrobat X redefines the way documents are used, by allowing interactive content to be embedded within the document itself.
“For the Indian market, Acrobat X is a game-changing launch as it brings new features for communication and collaboration inside a single PDF document. Acrobat X supports ISO 32000 and will enable organizations to create rich content and add interactivity for an engaging experience. Acrobat X allows customers to communicate in a highly secure manner even over the cloud,” Mr. Mehrotra added.
Mr. Mehrotra said that the launch of Acrobat X reinforced Adobe’s position as a highly trusted technology vendor to major sectors such as Government, Education, Financial Services, Manufacturing and IT/ITES, among others.
Suresh Kumar, CIO & Partner, IT Advisory, Grant Thornton, said, “Adobe has always been a technology partner that gives us the competitive advantage with its innovative technologies. The recently announced offering is a breakthrough in creating and sharing digital documents with high security. Also, with Dynamic PDF we have the power of high impact communication tools. Acrobat X encourages collaboration, not just with its simplified and streamlined user interfaces, but by enabling users to share ideas and information dynamically.”
New Acrobat X Highlighted Features
· Automate routine, multi-step tasks with new guided Actions and easily share them with coworkers and collaborators, reducing the burden of training.
· Change how users view, think and interact with content and its context with PDF Portfolios using new layouts, visual themes and color palettes.
· Maximize the power of Adobe Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat to easily create dynamic communications with the newAcrobat X Suite. Quickly capture, edit and combine digital content right from the desktop.
· Increase productivity across the organization with new Microsoft® SharePoint integration. Check-in, check-out PDF files for reviewing, editing shared documents.
· Streamline the process for large organizations to deploy, configure and manage updates and conform to ISO standards, in both Adobe Reader X and Acrobat X.
New in Adobe Reader X
· Commenting is now available in Adobe Reader X , with Sticky Notes and Highlighter tools available to all users.
· Expands PDF access to mobile devices with free Adobe Reader X for Android, Windows® Phone 7 and Blackberry Tablet OS.
· Safer viewing of PDF files with new Protected Mode security capabilities in Reader X.
New Services via Acrobat.com
· Adobe SendNow, a valuable new Acrobat.com service, enables users to send and receive large files and track them with proof of receipt, avoiding email gateway issues, complicated FTP servers, or the costs of expensive overnight mail.
· Adobe CreatePDF for easily converting files to professional PDF documents from within Adobe Reader X or any web browser.
This release line-up includes the following Acrobat X products:
· New: Acrobat X Suite, includes Adobe Photoshop® CS5, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Adobe Presenter 7, Adobe Captivate® 5, Adobe Media Encoder CS5, Adobe LiveCycle® Designer ES2 software.
· Acrobat.com services, including new Adobe SendNow and Adobe Create PDF online document exchange services.
Pricing and Availability
Acrobat X and its associated products are scheduled to ship within 30 days, with availability through Adobe Authorized Resellers, the Adobe Store and Adobe Direct Sales.
· Recommended Retail Price* for:
o Acrobat X Standard is expected to be US$299 ($139 upgrade)
o Acrobat X Pro is expected to be US$449 ($199 upgrade)
o Acrobat X Suite is expected to be US$1199 ($799 upgrade)
· Pricing for Education available through the Adobe Education Store.
· Free 30-day trial of Acrobat Pro will be available upon product ship.