Airtel launched its App Central appstore a month back and the company claims 2.5 million downloads in 30 days.
- Downloading at the rate of more than 1 App per second in last 30 days, Airtel mobile customers transformed their feature phones into smart phones
- Basic phones priced less than Rs. 5000 leading downloads
- Top 5 Cities that fuelled the downloads are Surat, Udaipur, Pune, Mangalore and Thiruvanathapuram
- Most popular categories are Social Networking, Lifestyle, Books, Entertainment and Games.
When we covered the launch of Airtel’s app store, we emphasized on the tight integration of app usage with billing which lets customers pay for the apps on a a weekly, monthly or one-time basis.
Even though these numbers sound great, one needs to understand that downloads do not mean much [Read : Mobile App’onomy – Mobile users aren’t Loyal to Cool Apps]. Its the usage that matters and that will show up in the next financial result.
And if you are an app developer, here are Nine Golden Rules to Improve Usage of your Mobile App.
- Daily Plans from Tata DoCoMo – Airtels of the world, Take a Note
- And now, Vodafone Launches App Store in India