Airtel earlier launched Airtel Money in Gurgaon and the service is now expanded to Chennai.
Aimed at offering customers with an efficient alternative to cash transactions, airtel money will provide airtel customers across the country with a convenient and secure way of making payments through the ubiquitous mobile platform.
Where can you use airtel money?
- Load cash: Load cash on your airtel mobile by visiting your nearest airtel retail outlet [Minimum is Rs. 10, Maximum is Rs. 5,000 and monthly limit stands at Rs. 50, 000].
- Pay bills & recharge: You will be able to use this cash in your mobile for making bill payments (electricity, gas, financial services, etc.) and recharge – Limits same as above.
- Shop & make payments: Instead of cash, pay over-the-counter merchants such as your nearest kirana store, chemist, etc using your mobile phone. You can even sit at home and pay for services like booking movie tickets online
Airtel had recently announced a JV with State Bank of India to provide banking and financial services to millions of unbanked Indians using the mobile platform. With this launch of airtel money – airtel now offers a complete suite of financial products on mobile devices for the banked as well as unbanked population of the country.
Airtel in Chennai has partnered with around 750 prominent merchants, including Oriental Cuisines (which runs Benjarong, Zara, Cascade and French Loaf restaurants), Univercell, Poorvika, Inox, Bharti AXA and LIC.[Read: How to Use Airtel Money]
Sify Launches Online Radio
Sify, in partnership with Radio City 91.1 FM, has launched Sify Radio. This tie-up will enable visitors to Sify.com to enjoy Bollywood, Indi-Pop and other genres of music 24×7. The content broadcast on Radio on Sify will be different from the terrestrial programming of Radio City 91.1 FM. Some of the special features of Radio on Sify are:
– Uninterrupted streaming: Visitors can listen to their favourite songs without any buffering at an internet speed as low as even 128 Kbps.
– Popular RJ’s: Visitors/audience can select songs from a given list and dedicate it to friends/loved ones. The RJ will announce the dedications during particular shows.
– Facebook apps: Users can post their comments/dedications via any mail id or their Facebook account. Comments/dedications will also be posted to their Facebook walls.
– Show Time: Show Time features the daywise list of all the shows. [Source]
e-governance: India signs pact for $150-million World Bank loan
India and the World Bank on Tuesday signed a loan agreement worth $150 million for the e-delivery of public services development policy under the National e-governance plan (NeGP). NeGP is a flagship e-governance initiative of the Central Government aimed at transforming the service delivery system across the country [via].