On September 21st, #amazon india kicked-off the 30 day Online Shopping Dhamaka ahead of the peak festival season and here are some interesting stats that Amazon has shared :
- Amazon.in’s seller club that has INR 10 crore+ monthly sales grew by 5X during the 30-day period of the Online Shopping Dhamaka.
- 50% traffic through mobile through the month.
- Over 50% orders from non-metros; serviced over 950+ cities across 15,500 + pin code.
- Top 5 Cities (Non-Metro) – Pune, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Bhubaneshwar.
- Top 5 Categories : Consumer Electronics (including PC), Books, Home (& Kitchen), Beauty, Shoes.
- The growth in sales for books was over 3x during this period.
- Most Popular products- Micromax phones, Flash drives, Coke Zero, iPhones and Philips shavers.
Interestingly, the common thread across all ecommerce sales is : a) growth of mobile traffic and b) growth of non-metros.
ShortNews: News you could use, useful data and actionable insights in a crisp and easy format. (Feedback:firstname.lastname@example.org)