Table of Contents Hide
This is our last report on this series of comparing Flipkart with Amazon under Mobiles, Laptops, Tablets and now the Cameras categories. In this report we look at their catalogue size for cameras category, exclusive products and better seller under overlapping SKUs.
Below data is sourced from FindYogi Cameras. Only new products that are under manufacturer warranty and available as on 4th Week of April 2014 is considered in this report.
- Flipkart has 256 SKUs under camera category.
- Amazon has 284 SKUs under camera category.
- There could be various offers under these SKUs. For standardization of data we have considered different color variants of the same product as single SKU.
Common SKUs on Flipkart and Amazon
- 63% of Flipkart’s total SKUs under this category are overlapping with Amazon’s SKUs.
- 57% of Amazon’s total SKUs under this category are common with FlipKart.
- Flipkart has 37% i.e. 95 SKUs that are currently not available with Amazon.
- Amazon beats Flipkart here by 28 SKUs; they have about 43% i.e. 123 exclusive SKUs that are not available with Flipkart. So Amazon has wider range of exclusive products under this category than Flipkart.
Best seller in overlapping SKUs – Flipkart or Amazon?
- Amazon is the leading the cameras category by a huge margin. Out of 161 overlapping SKUs it has 77% SKUs where it is offering better price than Flipkart.
- Amazon has 124 SKUs where it is offering better price for cameras under overlapping SKUs.
- FlipKart has 23% i.e. 37 SKUs with better prices out of 161 overlapping SKUs.
Wrapping Up – Better seller by price in overlapping SKUs across 4 consumer electronics category.
- With this we know that Flipkart leads in Mobile and Laptops category as it offers better prices for most of the products available at both the sites.
- Amazon wins the race under Tablets and Cameras category. Amazon offers better prices for overlapping products under these categories.