Here is announcing the next edition of Unpluggd, the entrepreneurs only event.
Topic: How to combat Hiring Blues in Startups
Date : August 22nd, 2009
[Details here, Registration link (click ‘show other payment options‘)]
- How do I structure employee salary? ESOP vs. Salary Distribution?
- Employee Agreement – what are the points one needs to take care of?
- I am not a funded startup..and don’t have a lot of money to give away. How do I recruit smart people?
- How do I judge the commitment of candidates when they are applying? [Share/learn from experiences..]
…and related topics on hiring @ startups.
– Sujai Karampuri, Founder Sloka Telecom
Sujai is known for his candid opinions- he runs an “unfunded” startup and has managed to retain talented employees. He will share his experiences..and has some great insights to share with the other startups.
– Anshuman, Cofounder Careernet.
Having worked with corporates and helped them with hiring, Careernet has started a business unit focused on helping startups with hiring. They work with VC firms (and their portfolio companies) and very recently conducted a market research on hiring needs of startups.
They will share the gao in startups’ hiring strategy, the entire phenomena from VC industry/
– You, yes you
– You are an entrepreneur who is in a growth stage (maybe early growth) and you need ot hire people. There are certain areas you need to get ideas from other startups (remember – there is no ‘right strategy’), but you need to understand from others on mistakes to avoid and how to structure salaries etc.
Also, you could be somebody who wants to join a startup and needs to understand the ‘other side of the world’.
The discussions will be driven by moderators, but led by the audience.
If you want to talk about specifics, please share them here : http://groups.google.com/group/unpluggd
Ashish (ashish at NextBigWhat.com), Mobile # : 98452 06443
Note:This is not a panel discussion (not even close to one).
What to Expect
Passionate Discussion. Candid Experiences. Learnings. And of course, meeting some interesting startups.
For reference, you can check out the earlier event details here