Amazon Web Services started preparing months in advance to support the Prime day sale this year resulting in only a handful of issues. Some mind-boggling numbers shared by the AWS team are:
- Additional 63 petabytes of storage
- 185 petabytes transferred each day
- 2.1 trillion requests each day
- Up to 426,000 servers deployed
- 1900 Aurora DB instances processed over 48 billion transactions, stored 609 TB data and transferred 306 TB data
The sale saw over 175 million products being sold, almost double than last year and more than the combined sales of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales last year.