- It’s uncomfortable to stand up in front of strangers.
- It’s uncomfortable to propose an idea that might fail.
- It’s uncomfortable to challenge the status quo.
- It’s uncomfortable to resist the urge to settle.
- When you identify the discomfort, you’ve found the place where a leader is needed.
If you’re not uncomfortable in your work as a leader, it’s almost certain you’re not reaching your potential as a leader.
Leadership is scarce because few people are willing to go through the discomfort required to lead. This scarcity makes leadership valuable.