What a week that was! While things were off to a slow start, news picked up as the week progressed. What made news? Well for starters: Housing.co.in spent $1 million on purchasing Housing.com and a fancy national number.
India also saw some interesting technology launches. NVIDIA launched NVIDIA GRID technology for Indian companies, Nokia announced the Lumia 1020 and SanDisk launched a its 256GB Extreme Pro CF cards.
Not too many deals were announced last week. But some of the notable ones were Seedfunds investment in Axis Rooms , a hotel management startup and NationWide Primary Healthcare Services raising Rs 5.5 crore in debt from SVB India Finance.
Some of our guest authors also shared some interesting insights on the startup world and the technology sector. Nexus Venture Partners, Co-Founder Naren Gupta shared some insight on what mistakes to avoid while starting up.
For all those who missed out on last weeks action, here is a recap of some of the important stories.
– Editorially Recommended Articles –
- Startup Mistakes to Avoid: Making Money is an Outcome, Not The End Goal [Dr. Naren Gupta, Co-Founder, Nexus Venture Partners]
- Want to Work For A Startup? Beware – It’s Likely a Bad “Job”
- How AppsDaily Sells Mobile Apps Worth Thousands of Rupees to Indians
- Intel Shifts Focus to Mobile, But the PC is Far From Dead. Here’s Why
- The Postal Department is All Set To Snuff Out the Courier Industry [Logistics]
- Big Bazaar Direct Franchisee Model : Decoding the Economics
- Applying Image Processing to Cashew Sorting: This Hubli Entrepreneur is a DOER
- Some Build for Soul First, Not Traction. The ArtFlute (Earlier PixMyWall) Journey So Far
——— Channel : Indian Startups / Resources ———
- A 15 Year Old’s Startup Journey That Led To MarketScientist [Startup Journey]
- Startup NewsCo Brings Curated News to the Wild Web : Quick Summaries That Saves Time
- Get the Cheapest Deal on Local Services with AgentsBids, a Bidding Marketplace for Service Providers
- Limeroad Is Re-imagining E-commerce For Web 2.0 & It Seems To Be Working
- Price Comparison Site PriceBaba Launches Local Services in Mumbai & Bangalore
- Gurgaon Based Ad Box Brings Realtime Cloud Based System for Digital OOH Advertising
- CopyNotify Brings Affordable Data Protection & Power Savings To SMBs
- Housing.co.in Buys Housing.com Domain & A Fancy Number For $1 Mn. To Go Global
- Meet Trivest Folio, The Wealth Management Tool Which Makes Mutual Funds & ETFs Easy
- Looking for a Room for Day Usage? Halt at DayHalt, Mumbai Based Startup
———- Channel : India Online
- Smartphone Users on Flipkart Are Growing Rapidly: Saran Chatterjee, VP- Products of Flipkart on Mobile Strategy
- India Ranked 122nd for Broadband Penetration: UN Report
- Aadhaar Not Mandatory for Benefits: Supreme Court
- ICICI Bank Pockets App Lets You Transact on Facebook With Friends
- IRCTC Launches “Next Generation e-ticketing Journey Planner”
——— Channel : APPS/ Stuff
- Lenovo S920 Review: A Great Android Phone below Rs 20,000
- #MobileLife: 5 Great Reasons To Own A Basic Feature Phone & Best Feature Phones To Buy
- Demystifying Samsung Tablets For Consumers
- Convert Files From One Format to Another On the Fly With Cloudcovert, The Swiss Army Knife
- Roundup: NVIDIA GRID Comes To India; SanDisk Launches 256GB Extreme Pro CF; Nokia Lumia 1020 Arrives in India
—–Channel: Indian Startup Funding
- Seedfund Invests In Hotel Management Startup Axis Rooms
- Startup Village Gets $24 Mn From Government For Infrastructure
- NationWide Primary Healthcare Services Raises Rs 5.5 Crore in Debt From SVB India Finance
- Sebi Guidelines for Angel Funding: Why Should Angels Stay Put in a Company For 3 Years?