The IDC study, commissioned by Netapp said that nearly 40% of organizations in verticals like BFSI, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications, and Government having more than 100 TB data currently.
As a result, about a third of Indian organizations are witnessing a 60% year-on-year growth in data. Such acceleration was unheard of in the last 5-6 year, the study said.
- Only 5% of the organizations in the large and very large segment (with more than 1000 employees) having embraced this technology.
- By 2014, IDC expects the market penetration to reach 18.4% of the organizations in the large and very large segment across different verticals.
- Big Data solutions market opportunity stood at US$ 58.4 million in 2011, with IT Services and Software contributing the major chunk of the overall Big Data Solutions market.
- More than a third of Indian enterprises having mostly unstructured data.
- Investment in storage hardware segment that would command a stronger growth (CAGR of 67.1%) as compared to other segments for the period 2011-2014.
Global big data market opportunity will touch $25 billion by 2015 from $5.3 billion in 2011– a Cagr of 45 %, according to a study by rating agency Crisil.
Full study here.