Twilio’s OpenVBX is an open source PHP/MySQL application that helps developers build rich, high quality Internet phone and SMS applications. OpenVBX extends Twilio’s API by providing a user interface and other primitives like voicemail that build upon Twilio’s core API stack.
Kookoo developer has developed KooKooVBX that will help you build your own business phone systems. That is, Indian businesses can setup their own drag and drop business phone system on the cloud on top of KooKoo, using Twilio (OpenVBX’s) service.
Steps to get started:
- Download code
- Host it on your PHP enabled web server
- Open the site in your browser
- Login as firstname.lastname@example.org and password test123
- Create your flow and paste the URL of the flow in your KooKoo settings page.
- Call your KooKoo number and listen to your flow. [via]
Cool hack? Watch this vide of OpenVBX
Similar Startup: Exotel