The study which queried a random sample of respondents over 3 years saw a decline of 8 % of the respondents who preferred cash on delivery as a payment method.
Approximately 4,500 respondents participated in the comparative study by Couponraja over a 3 year period.
The percentage of respondents who have never shopped online has reduced by 19.2 % from 56.5% in 2013 to 37.3% in 2014, the study said.
Here are some of the other findings of the study
- Among favorite categories, there is a significant rise for mobile shopping from 2012 to 2014. It had seen a rise from 45.5% in 2012 to 57.5% in 2014.
- The use of smart phone by our respondents has risen by 18.2%.
- The spend basket for the category 10,000 onwards has risen by 2.5%.
- Price comparison has increased from 85.8% in 2012 to 91.2% in 2014.
- Discounts are preferred by more than 50.7% compared to 47.2% in 2013.