- ChatGPT has achieved approximately 60% marks in the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE).
- Tiffany Kung and colleagues at AnsibleHealth, California, US, tested ChatGPT’s performance on the USMLE.
- The USMLE assesses knowledge spanning most medical disciplines, ranging from biochemistry, to diagnostic reasoning, to bioethics.
- 350 of the 376 public questions available from the June 2022 USMLE release were tested.
- After indeterminate responses were removed, ChatGPT had scored between 52.4 per cent and 75 per cent.