Intuit has launched GoConnect, a SMS marketing service targeted towards Small and Medium Businesses.
Using this service, you can send personalized SMS messages to your customers from your business name, build customer profiles, customer groups, use standard message templates.
Intuit’s GoConnect service is based on a subscription model, is available only through Nokia Priority dealers and works only on selected Nokia phones (Nokia C3, Nokia E63, Nokia 2730). The subscription costs Rs. 2400 (for 6 months duration, 10,000 SMS per month) and Rs. 3600 (for 12 months/20,000 SMS per month).
- You have the flexibility to access GoConnect from either your mobile phone or online from a PC, or both depending on your preference!
- A Home page that displays a summary of your status (customer total, SMS left, offers sent), your recently sent messages, and a list of popular messages for your type of business.
- Add and organise customers into groups and then send messages targeted to a specific group or individuals.
- Send messages to customers via SMS.
- Personalise messages you send to your customers. For example, if you’re a florist who tracks customer anniversaries, you can send your customer a message asking if they’d like to send flowers to their spouse.
- Receive and track responses from your customers. Responses help you track the effectiveness of your messages.
What’s really interesting about the service is that it works seamless between your mobile phone and the PC (Windows only) and provides a no-brainer mobile marketing solution to SMBs. The service has been active in US and India launch is in partnership with Nokia, gives Intuit a much-needed deeper penetration into the solopreneur styled businesses.
The product is very simple to use (see the demo here) and works like any other mobile/email marketing service -though the operator details is not yet shared by Nokia (how different is this from bulk sms? What prefix do these SMS’ carry?)
Video: What is Intuit’s GoConnect
Video: How do get started using Intui’s GoConnect