Cisco has launched Cius Android tablets in India for the price of INR 35,000 and is targeting the enterprise segment.
Cisco Cius is an Android-based mobile collaboration platform built for enterprise customers/businesses. Cius is designed to help organizations capitalize on the mobile, social, visual, and virtual needs of businesses today in the post-PC era by enabling anywhere, anytime access to secure business-critical communications, collaboration, and computing features from a single ultraportable device.
Application capabilities include:
- 7-inch touchscreen
- Intel Atom Processor
- 1GB RAM (expandable memory up to 32GB), dual cameras (front and back) and 3G/4G.
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), 4G data, and Bluetooth to help employees stay connected while mobile
- HD video (720p) with Cisco TelePresence systems and EX Series interoperability for lifelike video communication with the simplicity of a phone call
- Virtual Experience Infrastructure (VXI) thin-client integration enables highly secure access to cloud-based business applications
- Cisco AppHQ delivers access to secure transformative business-process applications
- Collaboration applications include Cisco Quad, Cisco Jabber, and Cisco Unified Presence as well as integrated, one-click access to Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
Tablet highlights include:
- Cisco Compatible Extensions-powered wireless communications device, optimized to work with a Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure
- Seven-inch diagonal, high-resolution color screen with contact-based touch targets for an elegant, intuitive experience
- Optional HD media station with USB peripherals, 10/100/1000 wired connectivity, and a handset option
- Detachable and serviceable eight-hour battery for a full day of work
- Highly secure remote connections with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
The company will target its existing clients and users of its IP telephony services, the base of which is about 700,000 users in India.