As a rule, we should:
- consume more useful information, especially when we have the energy to process something denser;
- consume balanced information when we have less energy;
- consume entertaining information with intention or when we’re running low on energy and need to recharge; and
- consume less trashy information.
To connect dots more easily:
- Scatter your attention in a richer environment. — You can also use cues to capture everything you need to get done.
- Write out the problems you’re trying to crack.
- Sleep on a problem.
- Step back.
- Intentionally leave tasks unfinished.
- Consume more valuable dots.