Launched by Antarix, Imsy is a cross-platform messaging app that allows you to message your friends for free.
App name: Imsy
About the company
– Antarix is founded by an experienced team of tech entrepreneurs, who had earlier founded wireless data startup ITFinity in 1999 (was company acquired in 2007 by Infosys spinoff OnMobile). The company is based in Bangalore & Mumbai.
– Cool, fast and free messaging.
– Available on iPhone/iPod Touch, Android and Symbian platforms
– Launched beta 3 months back
– Scaled to 100,000 users, organically reached top of the list in Nokia Store (Ovi) social networking apps
Key differentiators that got thumbs up from beta users:
– Automatically suggests relevant pictures to attach to the message. For example, if user types Happy Birthday, Imsy automatically shows photos of cakes, candles, etc to attach
– Free content alerts services – breaking news, cricket scores, astrology, bollywood, comics, social networking (as these work over push notifications and not SMS, these are free to users and a big attraction)
– Ability to forward messages to Facebook, Twitter; large number of users forward Cartoons, Quote of the day to Facebook/Twitter using Imsy
– Localized services like NDTV, Cricket in India, Terra in Brazil, BBC Arabic in Middle East, local news in Indonesia, Thailand, Turkey, etc
– Very light weight, does not hog battery or bandwidth in idle state
– Works on iPod and iPad.
Operating System(s): Android, iOS (iPhone OS), Microsoft Windows, Symbian 60 (S60)
Available in App Store: Airtel, Android App Store, iPhone App Store, Nokia Ovi App Store
Supported Phone: Android, iPhones and Symbian
App Download Link: http://www.imsy.com
[Appnomy’s One App a Day series is sponsored by Mojostreet – A Real world mobile game with Real world benefits. The One App a Day series strives to showcase/profile/review one app a day. So if you are an app developer, you should submit your app for profiling on the site. If you want to submit reviews of your app, do connect with us.]