Enterprises are faced with huge threat of losing confidential information either by intentional activities such as sending confidential information through email etc or accidental such as losing a USB drive containing some confidential information. The threat is more prominent with the explosion of new media devices (like iPod, Cell Phones, iPad, Mini Books etc.).
inDefend Endpoint Security (from DataResolve) is an application which helps enterprise achieve full control on their network against theft of data without blocking them for relevant access, at the same time blocking all kinds of unauthorized USB devices, websites related to porn, games and applications like chat and VoIP.
- Protects data from unauthorized access, copy, share or transfer.
- Blocks all unwanted storage devices & websites on PC.
- Blocks all kinds of malicious activities like pornography, violence and other activities like job search, social networks etc.
- Silently monitors user’s internet activity, USB storage devices and CD/DVD activity.
- Provides detailed report on kinds of websites accessed, files copied on USB storage devices and unauthorized attempts.
- Effective Employee Monitoring , good for IT, Banking, BPO/KPO industries.
- Adds Gateway level Outbound Firewall capability for low-to-high powered end-point PCs – good for SMEs.
DataResolve’s target market is mostly enterprise who needs to control and monitor the loss of confidential business data from their computer network. The DLP (Data Loss Prevention) space has seen major activity in the last two years – Symantec (acquired Vontu for 350 Mn USD), Mcafee (acquired Reconnex), and similar acquisitions were done by Cisco & CA as well.
Unlike their competition (which are based on proprietary platform), DataResolve is based on open platform/standard protocol including XML which allows them to talk to any devices can clearly support wide range of devices and endpoints including not only windows , but also, Mac, Linux and mobile devices.
DataResolve’s roadmap is to provide a full data protection which ranges from securing windows, linux, machintosh to mobile devices including black berry, IPAD etc in a distributed network.
[DataResolve is among the startups demoed at UnPluGGd]