Dimdim AlternativesJanuary 10, 2011 2011-01-10 19:28
Dimdim’s story is over and here is an attempt to bring all the Dimdim alternatives under a common roof (reposted from our main site : List of Free Web Conferencing Tools [Dimdim Alternatives])
Mikogo is an easy-to-use cross-platform desktop sharing tool, ideal for web conferencing, online meetings or remote support.
Looking to host an online meeting without paying through the teeth? Look no further. Mikogo is a free desktop sharing tool full of features to assist you in conducting the perfect online meeting or web conference.
Take advantage of the opportunity to share any screen content or application over the Internet in true color quality with up to 10 participants simultaneously.
Mikogo can be employed for a range of professional, academic, or personal uses, including:
- online meetings
- web conferences
- product demonstrations
- web presentations
- remote support
Provide online technical support for your customers. Conduct product demonstrations for business customers. Use Mikogo to discuss and edit a current team project. The ideal tool for free online group collaboration.
ShowDocument is a service which allows professionals, teachers and students to collaborate using a variety of tools such as whiteboard, a text editor and more. Files can be uploaded, edited and saved offline or on our secured storage system. Opening a session requires no installation
Vyew allows you to meet and share content in real-time or anytime. Upload images, files, documents and videos into a room. Users can access and contribute at anytime.
- It’s easy – no installations.
- It’s compatible – PC, Mac, Linux, powerpoints, documents, images, videos, mp3?s, flash files.
- It’s FREE! – The free version is free forever. Unlimited use with up to 10 people. What’s the catch? It’s ad supported.
- Conferencing features – whiteboarding, video conferencing, screen sharing, Voice-over-IP.
- Collaboration features – continuous rooms are always saved and always-on. Contextual discussion forums, voice-notes, track and log activity.
Yugma is a free web conferencing that allows anyone, anywhere to instantly share their desktop and ideas online with others. . Your Yugma Free web conferencing account allows you to invite up to 2 attendees.
Yuuguu is a web conferencing tool that allows you to instantly show people what is on your computer screen. Your viewers don’t need to download or install anything – all they need is a web browser and an internet connection. You can use it for online meetings, screen sharing, online training, online product demonstrations or just to quickly show a colleague what you mean!
Openmeetings is a free browser-based software that allows you to set up instantly a conference in the Web. You can use your microphone or webcam, share documents on a white board, share your screen or record meetings. It is available as hosted service or you download and install a package on your server with no limitations in usage or users.
WebHuddle offers following features:
- Cross-Platform: Use any Java-enabled computer (Linux, Windows, Unix, Mac)
- Simple: No installation needed — client runs in web browser.
- Small: Thin client (about 125 KB) — loads quickly.
- Secure: All data encrypted by HTTPS protocol.
- Open Source
ooVoo offers the ability to video chat face to face with family and friends, anytime and anywhere. With ooVoo you can have free video chats one on one, or have a group video chat with up to 6 people at once!
It’s easy to get set up –all you need to get started video chatting is a webcam. You’ll look and sound your best with ooVoo’s high quality audio and video, unsurpassed by the competition.
- Up to 6 participants in a call
- Import your contacts from IM, social network, email, or more
- Record and send video messages
- Alter your view in Full Screen Mode
- Record and store audio and video calls
- Text chat and share files instantly while on a call
If your friend doesn’t have ooVoo, you can have a free browser-based chat with them by sending your unique Web Video Call link through email, IM or through your favorite social networking. In a single click, your friend joins you in a live online video chat on their browser – all they need is a web camera and an internet connection. This unique functionality gives you the freedom to talk to your contacts quickly, without any downloads. Even if your friend doesn’t have a video camera, you can still have a 1-way video chat and hear your friend’s voice over IP.
Tokbox Video Conference includes all the great features of Video Chat and Video Meeting plus a few more that make it easy to co-ordinate and manage a large, interactive video conference.
- Add an audience of up to 200 people to the conference
- Bring audience members on-screen to share comments and move them back off
Bring audience members on-screen at any time if they have something that you want everyone to hear. Move them back off-screen so everyone can focus on the main speakers and presenters.
- Allow audience to submit video questions
Audience members can submit video questions at any time, even in advance of the meeting. Preview them and then decide if and when you want to play them for everyone to see.
- Produce the whole meeting from off-screen
You can appoint a producer, yourself or someone else, to produce the meeting from behind the scenes. They can control who attends, the video questions and media shared as well as who comes on-screen and moves off, all without being seen by everyone watching the call.
We havent considered tools like Acrobat.com, Skype or Tinychat as they do not really fall under video conferencing services.
Any other tool that you recommend us to add to the list?