To launch a startup venture by doing things that don’t scale, follow these steps:
- Find a problem worth solving by starting with your own experience.
- Become the product by solving the underlying problem manually, even if it’s not scalable.
- Sell soon to validate the need for your idea and build a pool of believers who can help you launch.
- Focus on core features by building only what the user needs to accomplish the desired outcome and continue to serve part of the solution by doing things that don’t scale while automating the other part.
- Hire in response to demand, and be the first and most in your company.