A man in Horry County, South Carolina, left his Galaxy Note 7 charging in his garage and left to pick up his daughters, only to find his house in flames with firefighters already at the scene. In another incident a Jeep Cherokee caught fire, after a Galaxy Note 7, which was connected in the vehicle and on charge, exploded. According to Samsung itself, there have been at least 35 reported incidents of the phone exploding due to a faulty battery. The company has recalled some 2.5 million phones worldwide, and has also delayed its sales in India.

Newsletter

Hello World.

NextBigWhat brings you well curated wisdom, news and actionable insights.

In a world where algorithms are deciding what you read (and learn), we bring a holistic view on product and growth – curated by the experts, enabling you to learn from the knowledgable sources and save time in discovering them.