Here goes the daily Newsreel, our daily news roundup.
– Facebook to charge American users for promote their events such as birthday parties and weddings in their friends’ news feeds, read complete post here. Looks like Facebook is under some real pressure to grow its revenues.
– Facebook has one billion active monthly users, read complete post here. Any idea about number of inactive and fake accounts?
– Motorola Mobility has announced that it has acquired Viewdle, an imaging & gesture recognition company, read complete post here. Finally, augmented reality is becoming a reality.
– Japanese consumer electronics company Akai has launched a ‘Smart Box’, which allows users to surf Internet on their television sets, read complete post here. Akai is back baby!
– Apple is evaluating the possibilities of setting up its own stores in India, read complete post here. Finally, Apple is recognising India as a mainstream market for its products.
– Google has officially launched Google Wallet for web content, read complete post here.
– Apache has launched Apache Mobile Filters for easy detection of mobile devices, to access more information click here.