We recently announced a Facebook poll on Pluggd.in and here is what our readers think about it:
– Only ~13% believe that the value will go up by 100% from its IPO price
– 23.5% believe that the value will go up by 20-50% in a year timeframe.
– ~26% seem to believe that the value will go down by 20-50%
– 10% believe it to be much lower than the IPO price.
– 27.3% is not at all interested in Facebook IPO hoopla- they are off to build their own startup!
In short, ~38% believe that the stock price will go up., while 36% think otherwise.
What’s your opinion? Is the hoopla around Facebook IPO justified?
And in this context – here’s a funny one – a spoofed “letter from Mark Zuckerberg” – doing the rounds:
“For years, you’ve wasted your time on Facebook. Now here’s your chance to waste your money on it, too.
Tomorrow is Facebook’s IPO, and I know what some of you are thinking. How will Facebook be any different from the dot-com bubble of the early 2000’s?
Facebook’s IPO stock price is being reported at $38. Which means that over a third believe it’ll be in the $19-$20 range in a year’s time!! All we can do, of course, is wait and watch.