When providing feedback, make sure your criticism is always constructive and keep the following points in mind:
- Don’t give a critique in front of others. Don’t try to humiliate someone.
- Have a one-on-one conversation.
- Instead of simply identifying problems, propose positive solutions.
- Avoid dwelling on the negative.
- People despise being sold to. Instead, concentrate on storytelling.
- Storytelling allows you to share about yourself and connect with people on an emotional level.
- It’s not a technique; it’s more natural.