Here goes the Newsreel, our daily news roundup.
– After adding categories like pens, home & kitchen, perfumes, baby care and toys; #flipkart has now added a new category to its list – Clothing. However, it has only introduced a men’s range to the portfolio. What’s next Flipkart?
– Bangalore based etailer Zovi.com has appointed Manish Chopra, as their Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The former Microsoft executive joins at the same time when one of the company’s co-founder, Sartaj Singh, has left to join Wills Lifestyle, as creative head. Read complete post here.
– The University of Iowa has launched a unique service to help students overcome anxiety, using a mind-reading technology that guides them into a state of relaxation. So-called “Biofeedback” displays students’ brainwaves in realtime and alerts them when they’ve dropped into a state of calm focus, read complete post here. Use this service and keep the blues at bay.
– South Korea based Samsung Electronics has said that it expects a record operating profit of 8.1 trillion won ($7.3 billion) in the third quarter, boosted by sales of its flagship Galaxy smartphones, read complete post here. Galaxy is more like a fleet than a flagship, and its winning the smartphone wars!
– Social gaming company Zynga seems to be getting into more trouble as it announces its preliminary results for the third financial quarter and lowers expectations in general for the rest of the calendar year, read complete post here. Challenging game, this!
– Can you be jailed for a Facebook ‘Like’ in the Philippines? The country’s new Cybercrime Prevention Act, which went into effect on Thursday, has some very interesting provisions that might lead to very interesting results, read complete post here. Imagine pleading guilty to a Facebook ‘like’!
– Sony Corp has halted sales of its Xperia tablet PCs, a month after its launch. The decision came after company has discovered gaps between the screen and the case that make some of the tablets susceptible to water damage, read complete post here. So we got to know about the Xperia tablets 🙂