Kolkata based DataResolve has launched inDefend mobile backup app that lets you selectively backup and restore messages, contacts, call logs , system settings, calendar, browser history and bookmarks from your device. The app lets you access all your backup states and export your backup data to your computer, using inDefend Mobile Backup – Desktop Agent.
Key features of the app (download link) includes
- Completely encrypted backup where you can keep upto 10 backup states per phone
- Access backup states of all your smartphones mapped to your inDefend Mobile Backup account
- Backup data is stored on our online secure servers. Data can be restored from our servers to your phone any time you want
- Automatic (scheduled) backup enables you to take backup of these items at a scheduled time
- Set email notifications per backup operation to keep a track of information backed up from your smartphone
inDefend has also launched Desktop Agent that lets you access all your backup states stored on our cloud server. The desktop agent enables users to view all the stored data related to your smartphone’s backup states. This data relates to SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Browser History, Bookmarks, Calendar and System Settings.
Desktop agent features include:
- View backup data related to all smartphones mapped to your inDefend Mobile Backup account.
- Instantly search through your backup data for specific keywords.
- Ability to export all your backup data in the form of an excel spreadsheet (XML or XLS) and export contacts data in vCard Format (VCF).
- Works on any Windows based computer, you need to login with the same credentials (email ID and password) that you have used with inDefend Mobile Backup for Android.
After the download of a particular backup state is completed, the data contained in that state is classified into different types and shown in separate tabs. Data types correspond to Contacts, SMS, Calendar, History, Bookmarks, Settings and Call Logs.
A very interesting app, DataResolve (demoed its product at UnPluggd startup event) plans to launch PRO features which will mix data backup and mobile security. As far as data security is concerned, the data is encrypted by user’s password and stored on google’s app engine. Every user’s data is stored in separate blocks.
“We are not even allowing web access of the backed up data. However, unlike other apps we have released a secure free windows desktop app which can provide granular data access through an authentication. This help those users who have just lost their phone and want to access some contact or info immediately.” [Founder, Vikram Kumar]
Do give the app a spin and share your comments.