There are quite a few online task management services and while most of these are freemium services, they still do not offer some of the basic features one actually needs.
- A simplistic UI to enter your task.
- Alert service (i.e. send alerts over email/SMS).
- Customizable alert service (allow recurrence of tasks)
- Mobile apps (specifically Android/iOS).
Nyabag is an online task management product from Vheeds, an Indian startup that lets manage tasks as well as setup alerts for the task.
Task management feature works as-promised, i.e. you get alerts via SMS/Email and kudos to the team for cracking the practical perspective of task management – i.e.
- setup alerts for 1 day/2 days/ in advance.
- setup frequency of alerts (once/daily/weekly/monthly etc).
- until <a deadline>. that is, rules are applied till the end date.
As far as diary entry is concerned, it’s not the main feature that the team should be promoting. They should just focus on cracking the task management part, which is quite a huge opportunity (YC’s Taskforce went pro with paid version 2 weeks back).
The Nyabag team should also look at launching group based task management services (i.e. assigning task to another individual/tracking/creating a ‘task dashboard’).
The service is free to use and the team will soon launch iOS and Android apps, enabling multiple ways to input the task.
Overall, we liked the service and strongly recommend you to use this if you were looking for a super-simplified online task management service that has neat integration (like SMS service, which is quite useful).
What about other task management service? We will soon share a comparison/review of other online task management services, but meanwhile do give Nyabag a spin and share your review.