At UnPluggd, we bring a whole lot of amazing entrepreneurs who share their journey and lessons learned. Amarpreet Kalkat of Frrole had something amazing to share. He got lucky after 3 years and several experiments.
Takeaways For Early Stage Entrepreneurs : Conviction. Stubborn Persistence. Persistence. Get Lucky.
In Amarpreet’s words:
- I was the only full time founder.
- Part-time founders didn’t last long.
- Started with a consumer focus (read NextBigWhat coverage of Frrole).
- Didn’t get enough traction in B2C space.
- B2B saw some good traction.
The Hard Truth : Lessons Learned Building Frrole
Amarpreet shares a whole lot of valuable lessons at UnPluggd, India’s biggest startup conference.
1. Investors didn’t really care about ‘world class product/tech’ . All they wanted to know was ‘What was your last month revenue’.
2. The most standard observation by startup babas and investors was : This is NOT a painkiller – this is a vitamin. [Read this great piece on NextBigWhat : Of Startup Valuations And Do You Really Need to Solve A Pain Point?]
3. Nobody knows about your product as much as you do!
4. If you have an option of ‘Little bit of traction‘ vs. ‘Building a good team’ – go for building a great team!
5. Having a Plan B worked for Frrole. Things started working after 3 years! Twitter partnership has worked very well for Frrole, so has the general elections.
7. Got *lucky* after 3 years!
Watch the video (subscribe to NextBigWhat.TV).