Samsung today has officially announced the launch of its second ‘Phablet’ – Galaxy Note II. The launch event took place in Hyderabad with Imtiaz Ali (Film Director). The device is priced at Rs. 39,990/.
Galaxy Note II Features
- 1.6GHz Quad-core Exynos processor
- Storage: 16, 32 and 64GB, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
- 5.5 inch HD Super AMOLED display, reinforced with Gorilla Glass 2 and has a resolution of 1280×720 pixels ( lower than the original Galaxy).
- 8 MP rear camera and 1.9 MP front-facing camera with HD recording.
- 2GB of RAM
- 3,100 mAh battery
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz Nature UX
- Improved S-pen.
The phone is slightly thinner than its predecessor at 9.4mm, but the weight has been increased due to a heavy battery.
The S-pen feature, which was introduced in Galaxy Note 1 has also been improved and includes a rubber tip to make the experience more natural. The S-Pen will now have dedicated third party apps from Autodesk (makers of Sketchbook and Moleskin).
With idea visualizer in the Galaxy Note II you can choose from over 800 illustrations to enhance your note taking experience. Along with that now with AirView, Note II pops up content of your email or photos without touching the screen.
“Galaxy Note 2 will take over the fame of Galaxy Note that opened a new category of smart mobile devices,” said Shin Jong-kyun, president of Samsung’s mobile business.
Well, at this price point – do you want to wait for iPhone 5 to launch in India? What’s your take?
Watch this comparison of iPhone 5 and Note II:
[Written by Ishan Vyas, an Intern at Pluggd.in]