Thanks to widespread awareness of Smartphones, capacity issues plaguing mobile operators around the world will worsen in 2012.
As per a report by Arieso (England based company that advises mobile operators), users of the iPhone 4S demand three times as much data as iPhone 3G users and twice as much as iPhone 4 users, who were identified as the most demanding in company’s 2010 study.
Insights from the Arieso study
– 1% of subscribers now consuming HALF of all downloaded data.
– Google Nexus One users make twice as many data calls as iPhone 3G users.
– iPhone 4S users download 2.76 times as much data as users of the iPhone 3G.
– HTC Desire S users typically uploading 3.23 times as much data as iPhone 3G users, the iPhone 4S falls just behind in this category with a typical 3.20 times as much data uploaded.
– 64 percent of extreme users were using a laptop, a third were using a smartphone and 3 percent had an iPad.
– iPhone 4S downloaded 276 percent more data from an operator’s network than did people with the Apple 3G (Galaxy S stood at 199%) [study link]
Is Apple Siri playing a big role here?
Recommended List : Top 10 Tablets of 2011.