Bollywood actress, Neha Dhupia plans to foray into ecommerce. The actress will launch her own line of lingerie and shoes.
“I am getting into e-commerce. The space interests me a lot so I am getting into that. There are a couple of products that I am planning to launch online,” [via/tip]
Few other ventures by Bollywood actors:
- Shilpa Shetty Launches A “Group Buying Real Estate Ecommerce Company”
- Ajay Devgan Launches Movie Ticketing Site
Our take: This is bubble! Check this interesting infographics (Indian eCommerce And The Hype)
CBI Joins Facebook
CBI Bhopal has joined Facebook (page). The CBI’s Bhopal unit opened its Facebook page last week and also sought help from the public on any reliable clues to solve the murder case of RTI activist Shehla Masood (source).
Airtel to disconnect users inactive for 60 days
Bharti Airtel will start disconnecting subscribers who do not use their phones for more than 60 days together.
The company has been forced to do this due to a shortage in phone numbers after the Department of Telecom tightened the allocation criteria. The move is likely to affect about 20 million subscribers across the country. After deactivating inactive subscribers, Airtel will recycle the freed up numbers to new users.[source]
Google Doodle India Winner Announced
Google has announced the Google Doodle winner for India and Varsha Gupta.
Varsha Gupta’s artistic merit, creativity, and expression of the theme has won her a technology starter package that includes a laptop, a year’s Internet connection and a Rs.2,00,000 technology grant for her school. Her doodle will also be featured on the Google India homepage on 14th November 2011 to mark the occasion of Children’s day in the country.
We are overwhelmed to see great participation from young children and schools year-on-year since 2009. The designs for this year’s theme “India’s Gift to the world” were incredibly creative across all grade groups. In addition to selecting Varsha Gupta as the national winner, more than 1 million public votes helped us determine the three group winners, each of which will receive a Technology Starter package.
- Grades 1-3: Shibajyoti Choudhury (Group I) from Jamshedpur won the group prize for his doodle titled ‘Developing excellent India and World’
- Grades 4-6: Abhinav R. (Group II) from Coimbatore won the prize for his doodle titled ‘India’s contribution to the world – Tradition’.
- Grades 7-10: Nishi Bordia (Group III) from Indore won the prize for her doodle titled ‘India’s gift to the world – India itself’. [source]
- Microsoft India appoints Chakrapani GK as Head of Consumer Channels Group, India
- HTC Rhyme now available in India For Rs. 24,799
- Panasonic Launches Toughbook for Indian market
- Location Labs Expands Presence In India