From the good, the gothic to the gross; a whole new swathe of ways can erupt to put to use the suave, nuanced and discreet Don Draper of a Voice-Assistant that Google has just pulled out of its hat.
- Kids can finally hear Santa Claus sussing out how
- good they were all year and making Christmas-listsShrinks or Suicide-helplines can use some AI help
- Kidnappers can sound different too
- Pre-date-talks on Tinder could cut a lot of chase and ache
- Better Hobbes mean more Calvins. Don’t roll those eyes, we all can use an imaginary friend we reluctantly dumped in our childhoods
- A more-stubborn aide for Drunk Dialling fiascos
- Couples can have spicier verbal-brawls without breaking too much cutlery
But there’s a long way to go. Nothing’s done until Duplex can nail a woman’s ‘I am fine’ and silent grunts well. Keep at it.