Google India maps shows parts of Arunachal Pradesh in Chinese language and the map shows Arunachal’s southern boundary with Assam and northern boundary with China in broken lines, while the state’s eastern and western boundaries with Bhutan and Myanmar are shown in continuous white lines.
While the political circuit has started their speculative game, what’s really surprising in that Google has not yet rectified/apologized for the change.
‘The Chinese know how to time their statements ahead of a bilateral meeting. This map surfaced just when the two countries were to discuss the border dispute. Had Google changed the names of Chinese locations, Beijing would have summoned Google officials. India, too, should deal with it firmly,’ – BJP MP
What’s your take on this issue? Time India goes strict with such mistakes (Imagine what China would have done to Google!)? Every time something like this happens, Google organizes ‘Internet awareness’ campaigns (with govt. officials) in order to appease them and the matter is resolved ‘amicably’.
What’s your opinion?
Earlier Google controversies:
- Google India says it is not liable for Blogger content..
- Orkut user faces legal case over anti Shiv Sena community
- PIL asking Google to remove India from Google Earth
- Google India in a legal case over a blogger’s post
- Maharashtra Government wants to censor Google Earth
- Techie held for posting derogatory messages against Sonia Gandhi on Orkut