Greylock Partner has invested $4mn in HealthHiway, a services infrastructure startup that provides SaaS (i.e software as a service) solution for hospitals, clinics, Insurance providers, pharmacies and diagnostic centers to facilitate better interaction within the healthcare ecosystem.
Incubated by Apollo Hospitals group (owns 5% stake), HealthHiway is building a national health data network to provide the platform for large and small hospitals, clinics, insurers, TPAs (third-party administrators), doctors, diagnostic centres, pharmacies and patients and the company is targeting to get onboard 70% of healthcare providers in the country.
Product offerings from HealthHiway:
- ClinicConnect – enables easy patient registration and electronic maintenance of patient records for quick, remote access.
- ClaimsXchange – online claims processing system that allows the user to submit preauthorization and claims to TPA partners and keep a track of their feedback and responses.
- ImageConnect – a web-based solution that makes capturing and processing radio images such as X-rays, CTs and MRIs really quick and simple. These images can now be electronically shared with between specialists for diagnosis and inference.
Other healthcare investment in India:
- Aavishkaar India Invests in Swas Healthcare, Naturopathy clinics and hospitals
- Infant maternal care in India gets the attention of the Gates Foundation ($41mn Fund)
- Rural Healthcare Startup, Vaatsalya raises fund from Oasis and Seedfund
- Inventus Capital Invests $1mn in InstaHealth
- HealthCareMagic secures funding from Accel India
Recommended Read: Recession? Healthcare Industry in India grew 42% in Q1