The telecom subscription party has come to a temporarily halt (hopefully) as GSM operators witnessed a dip in the total number of subscribers added in the month of November.
As per COAI (Cellular Operators Association of India), GSM operators added 7.62 million new subscribers in November compared with 7.67 million in the previous month – the dip being largely attributed to Aircell’s dip in the # of subscribers added (7.2Lakh, compared to 7.8L in Oct)
Quick Stats [Nov Data]
- Vodafone Essar got 2.06 million new subscribers (2.07 million in Oct)
- Airtel : 2.72 million new users (flat)
- BSNL added 6.7L subscribers (via)
Industry Stats [GSM]
- Total GSM subs stands at 249.3 million users.
- Airtel leads the market : 33% market share with 82.9 million subscribers
- Vodafone: 23.5% market share (58.7mn mobile users)
- BSNL: 16.2% market share (40.4 million subscribers.)
Is there more to these numbers (some sort of trend that future holds?)
More on Indian Telecom Industry