Practo today has released key highlights of Healthcare Map of India stating Urban Indians have a weak heart.
More Urban Indians are visiting cardiologists and consulting online
- Overall, growth in appointments with cardiologists was 47% in 2017 as compared to 2016
- Patients are exploring consulting doctors online as it gives them greater privacy and helps them to connect with specialists instantly. This is evidenced by a 203% increase in patients using Practo Consult for cardiovascular health concerns (CVDs).
Women are less conscious of their heart health problems
- Out of the people who booked an appointment with cardiologist, only 25% of them are women
- 75% are men in the age group of 25-30 compared to only 25% women and only 20% are women in the age group of 31-35 compared to 80% men were amongst those who consulted online for CVD and heart-related issues last year.This probably suggests that women are less aware of their heart health problems as compared to men.
· 75% men and 25% women visited a cardiologist for CVD & heart related issues in the past year
· People in the age group of 25-30 visited cardiologists the most followed by the age group of 30-35
· The age-group 25-30 also saw the highest growth in people visiting a cardiologist – 49% in 2017, as compared to 2016
· 75% are men in the age group of 25-30 compared to only 25% women. And only 20% are women in the age group of 31-35 compared to 80% men were amongst those who consulted online for CVD and heart related issues last year
· Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai saw the highest growth (108%, 59% and 36% respectively) in cardiologists appointments in 2017 as compared to 2016
· Top cities where people consulted cardiologists online the most include- Bangalore, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Pune.
· The months of July to October see the highest number of appointments with cardiologists in the year