Recently, a Business Today article featured India’s Hottest Startups. The article lists startups from many different industries, from organic food to technology. Below are the following points I observed/calculated from the article:
- Average age of a founder is 37.
- Standard deviation in the age of founders is 8.
- Youngest entrepreneur is 26 and the oldest one is 58. Wow, what a difference!
- Average amount of funding: Rs. 25 crore. (USD 6.25 million)
- Range of funding: Rs 0 – Rs 72 crore. (USD 18 million)
- Average amount of revenues: 25.2 crore (USD 6.25 million). Surprise! Notice how much the average funding and average revenues match.
- Range of revenues: Rs 0 – Rs 110 crore. (USD 27.5 million)
Interesting statistics, aren’t they?