Rajnish Kumar, the CTO & Cofounder of Ixigo, spoke at the ProductGeeks Conference 2018 on Ixigo’s key learnings in its journey and much more.
In this part of his talk, Rajnish talks about how to evaluate and go about generating revenue from your app.
- Figure out how to earn money every time a user completes a ‘core action’ within your app.
‘Core actions’ that relate to real-world business models such as travel, food etc. work well but if your core action is not transactional then integrating ads is the way to go.
- If you choose to integrate ads, make sure that the ads are native and embedded deeply within your app in terms of UI & UX. Native ads shouldn’t disrupt the overall user experience if they are to be effective and result in good CTRs and eCPMs.
- Optimize every part of the user journey down to the micro details. Rajnish speaks of how changing the color of a button on their checkout page resulted in a jump of 50-100 transactions per day, which goes to show the importance of A/B testing and funnel optimization.
We will be sharing more of Rajnish’s talk going forward. Please subscribe to the NextBigWhat channel for more such product insights. And make sure to check out the site often for updates.
- Building for Bharat? Here is what Ixigo learned from building for the traveling Bharat market.
- How & when to monetize your app.
- How to identify core actions & virtuous loops in your product.