HTC has seen a huge number of devices become popular worldwide and now they want to replicate their success in India. Mind you the performance of HTC so far has been quite impressive in the Indian market as well. The superbly done HTC Sense UI makes HTC Android phones quite popular, and today they have announced a new phone, HTC ChaCha. Take a look at the specifications and you’ll be quite happy with what HTC has to offer here.
- 2.6-inch TFT capacitive touch screen display with 480 x 320 resolution ( Gorilla Glass)
- 800 MHz processor
- 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM. Micro sd card support upto 32GB.
- Full QWERTY keypad with special Facebook share button
- Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
- 5MP rear facing camera with auto-focus and LED flash. VGA front facing camera.
- GPS, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Bluetooth 3.0
- WiFi b/g/n, Wireless hotspot. GPRS, EDGE, 3G(upto 7.2Mbps)
- 1250mAH battery with 7.5Hrs talk time on 2G and 7Hrs on 3G
- Price of HTC ChaCha in India: Rs15,990/-
Looking at the specs you can say that this is a well priced device for the specs that you get. HTC especially wants to highlight the Facebook button on the phone that deeply integrates with the Android system and even glows when content is available to upload to Facebook straight from your phone. HTC ChaCha will be competing with Samsung’s Galaxy Pro which has almost comparable specifications but is priced at Rs12K. But we recon HTC has an ace up its sleeve and that’s where the partnership with TATA DOCOMO comes in.
Under the bundle offer, Tata DOCOMO 3G prepaid customers can avail 3GB free data valid for a period of 90 days whereas 1GB free data is offered free each month to postpaid customers across all 3G circles valid for 90 days. All 3G customers will also get 3 hour of free Mobile TV that includes data access charges valid for 90 days.
Tata DOCOMO 2G prepaid customers can avail 3GB free data and 300 Tata to Tata local calling valid for a period of 90 days whereas 1GB free data and 100 minutes Tata to Tata calling is offered free each month for 3 months to postpaid customers across all 2G circles.
A better operator:mobile combination than Aircel/Airtel had with iPhone4?