ibibo iBrowser claims to have hit 6 million downloads since its formal launch in December 2011 with 50% of these as monthly active users. Facebook and Zedge are the top two mobile sites followed by Getjar, Google & ibibo.
The mobile browser has been brought in India jointly by Ibibo Group and China’s leading internet company, Tencent. Tencent in China runs the mobile browser, named as QQ Browser which has 330 million users.
ibibo iBrowser is currently available for Android, Symbian and Java based phones, which together cover 90% of all mobile handsets in India. The Browser comes preloaded on multiple mobile handsets like Huawei, LG, Spice, & Lemon. Users can also download iBrowser from Mobango, Android Marketplace, Getjar, Samsung Appstores, Nokia Ovi & Airtel Appstore.
Features of ibibo iBrowser
- Intuitive navigation with popular Indian websites pre-embedded in the iBrowser and segregated as per categories.
- Users can open multiple WAP sites in different tabs (very similar to web browsers).
- Unique multi-threaded download feature, where users can check the status of all downloads in one view.
- URL auto-completion feature makes it effortless for users to access popular sites.
- iBrowser offers a unique feature called Night Surfing Mode that protect users’ eyes in the dark and makes extended browsing more comfortable.
- iBrowser works on a unique free-link technology that makes wireless networks more stable.
Report: Most popular browser in India