Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd. today announced the availability of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Beta for its consumers in India. Enabling a more beautiful and immersive Web, Microsoft has re-imagined the role of the browser with Windows and Internet Explorer 9 to deliver an experience that makes the Web feel as native as consumers’ favorite PC applications. Using full capabilities of Windows and hardware, IE9 enables a version of the Web that is faster, cleaner and more trusted by default. In short, IE9 is helping the Web go native and unlocking the beauty of the Web. Consumers can download the beta today at www.BeautyoftheWeb.com.
Keeping in mind the changing consumer needs, the new browser has been made for customers who love rich Web applications and developers who love to build them. In India, Microsoft has partnered with some of the most popular websites – Rediff India, Zapak Games, Indiatimes & NDTV.com – to bring alive the IE9 capabilities and to further leverage the power of the whole PC. These experiences will be available to consumers in the coming weeks. Globally, Microsoft has partnered with over 70 top websites and global brands who have created new experiences to show off the capabilities of Internet Explorer 9 and whose collective reach is over 800 million visitors or about two thirds of the active people on the Web. These partners include Amazon, eBay, IMDB, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Announcing the availability, Hemant Sachdev, Managing Director – Consumer & Online, Microsoft India said, “Consumers today use the Web as a source of entertainment, education, information and as a platform for communication. Keeping all these consumer needs in mind, we have made unprecedented investments to develop our latest browser, Internet Explorer 9 which has been made site-centric rather than browser centric. Clean and minimalistic looking, IE9 redefines browsing as we know it today, and deliver a whole new, beautiful online experience.”
IE9 has been re-engineered to use computing power in an interesting way. The new browser continues to be your trusted companion for browsing the Web while its user interface elevates websites and applications using features like:
· Pinned Sites: Favorite websites can be pinned to the Windows taskbar for shortcut access
· Tear-off tabs: When users need to use more than one website to accomplish a task, this feature helps with side-by side comparison (using Aero Snap feature in Windows 7)
· Integrated Windows 7 navigation: Web navigation is easier in Internet Explorer 9 with features that are integrated with Windows 7 navigation, such as Jump Lists, Aero® Snap, tear-off tabs, and thumbnail controls. This allows users to get to their favorite sites and content quickly and carry out common tasks for each site right from the Windows 7 jump list
· Add-on performance advisor: Notifies users when add-ons are slowing down their browsing session
· SmartScreen Filter: Now integrates scans into the new Download Manager, using Download Reputation to remove unnecessary warnings for well-known files