The Hurun Report, which was setup in 1999 as a research unit in Shanghai, China, has been bringing out the China-rich list ever since and started its India operations in 2012.
In its 2016 list, the Chinese-based company reveals some intersting data:
- India has 339 individuals with 1,600 cr, which is 250% more from the first Hurun India Rich List 5 years ago.
- Mumbai, New Delhi and Mumbai make up 60% of the list, contributing 26, 10 and 4 respectively.
- 55% of the people in the list are first generation entrepreneurs, compared to 80% in China.
- 37 Padma Awardees contribute 28% of India’s wealth
- Patanjali’s Archarya Balakrishna, makes to the list at 26th with a net worth of Rs 25,600 cr.
- With Rs 1,63,400 cr, Mukesh Ambani is still the richest Indian, according to the list.
You can read the rest of the report here.