Do you know that last year (i.e. 2007), 2.6 million Indian netizens searched for news/content related to Indian Independence day on August 15th – resulting in over 4 million queries?
Look at the breakup of queries from across the globe (for the last year):
|Country||No. of queries|
What’s interesting to note is that the query peak shoots off in the month of August (quite expected – look at the traffic graph below):
Let’s look at an average CPC bid for related keywords:
- ‘Independence day’ CPC stands at Rs. 18.98
- Indias independence day @ Rs. 3
- independence pakistan @ Rs. 25.5!
- independance day @ Rs. 19.37 [Check out the typo – yes! a typo can help you make money!]
- indian independence @ Rs. 39.72!
Interesting to note that Wikipedia is almost the first result for all these queries – and they don’t monetize! (and that’s why Google is building Knol).
What’s your opinion?