First of all, sincere apology for the bad frequency of posts over the last 2 weeks. I was traveling extensively and am just back to the country.
Here is the mid-week coverage of interesting events in the Indian digital/mobile industry. Significant development this week is Google’s local search initiative and launch of Zoho’s offline plugin (Zoho uses Google gears for the offline support of Zoho docs).
- The Hindu Business Line : Mobile Magic to set up 1,000 stores by ’10
- MChek Enables Mobile Payment In Sri Lanka With Dialog And NDB Bank (Gujarat too)
- Bharti Telesoft Eyes Software Firm Jataayu
- BSNL To Use Govt Kiosk Network To Provide 85,000 Customers Wi-Max
- BSNL loses Rs 15.87 cr revenue in last two years
- .mobi has to catch up with mobiles
- TRAI Likely To Propose Higher Stake Limit In Same-Circle Licensee
- Zoho gets offline
- Google Launches Local Search For India
- Goldstone Acquires IPTV Rights To 3500 Video Titles From Echelon Studios
- Website launched to help SMEs start, finance and grow their business
- Websites search for the future in maps
- AOL and MTNL partner to form co-branded portal
- Komli launches Pubmatic, ad-aggregator service to maximize one’s earnings.
- Over 4 million “Indian Independence” queries on the web on August 15th