IPL 3 has been good to mobile/Internet companies and we earlier reported that within 12 days of the event, 7,00,000 IPL videos were watched by users on July Systems’ MIX platform.
Informate MI, a telecom research agency, launched Informate Mobile Metrics Report based on actual mobile usage during the Indian Premier League. The report captures interesting trends observed during IPL season 3; and reveals that the mobile platform has witnessed a 100 per cent increase in user interest, for access to the information and updates related to cricket, as compared to the year 2009.
Sports sites had a higher page views in the IPL season 3, compared to last year. The official site for IPL maintained a high reach throughout the series followed by Cricinfo.com.
These two websites also led in terms of page views, where Cricbuzz.com had the highest share last season. In the gaming segment, Brian Lara cricket, Cricket T20 world Championship app and Freddie Flintoff were the top games during this season of IPL. Many of the Cricket games that figured last year were visible this season too.
- The official website for the Indian Premiere League – IPLT20 stood out as the most popular website accessed on Mobile this season of IPL.
- Criczenga, Cricinfo mobicast and Broov Aroma was the most popular cricket applications for season 3 of IPL.
- Brian Lara cricket, Cricket T20 world Championship app and Freddie Flintoff were the top games overall for this season of IPL.
- Overall the SMS based promos garnered low response.
- Amongst the 3 SMS based promotions which were heavily aired on TV, only “Pepsi the game” showed some interest amongst our panelists peaking in the 4th week after which the interest wane.
- 50 Million Views of YouTube’s IPL Channel..No Profanity Filter?
- Most Searched IPL Player is..Sachin Tendulkar [Google’s IPL Zeitgeist]