Before we get into that, the interesting part is that the company is using what they do best, make crawlers, to get attention to what they want to get done, hiring. Small move but creates it an immediate impact. Startups should adapt to such stuff as an effective marketing medium.
Highlights of the study
- Bangalore is the hottest city but it has some strong competition from Mumbai and Delhi.
- Hyderabad lagged behind Pune and Chennai
- PHP is the most popular skill among startups.
- We were surprised to see Java beat out other more popular languages like Python and RoR.
- In other skills, mobile development and sales roles beat out demand for Social media or SEO professionals.
Note: We are not really sure if the data source is exhaustive and a representation of the true scene.